HOW much actual profit do you make as an affiliate marketer? Are you even making a profit? Most people who try affiliate marketing make less than US$1,000 (about RM3,500) a year. This is not what you're looking for, right? Instead of giving up, think about why you're not getting the results you want.
While we study the achievements of super affiliates who earn handsome money every month, we find that it is their attitude that is being finetuned to get the best results.
Apart from the attitude, everything is the same.
They sell the same products that everyone else sells, they sign up for the same advertising programme and employ the same standard business tactics.
What makes them different is their willingness to experiment more, think creatively and showing better understanding of human nature.
Below are some of the attitudes that they possess, a few things for you to think about:
1) Think positive. If you think you will succeed, you will. If you don't, you'll be defeated before you begin.
You can set new standards in affiliate marketing. You can take new ideas from the success of successful Internet marketers and fine tune by thinking differently and creatively.
Creativity is the first thing every successful affiliate marketer possesses. You can creatively design your Web site, plan a promotional campaign and generally play your cards correct. Set standards and be a leader, let others follow.
2) Be committed. Don't give up at the first problem. Be aware that you will have difficult days and create a mental plan to work through them - before they happen. This plan can be something as simple as providing yourself with a list of steps to go through to problem-solve the setback.
Early setbacks and losses are only natural. In such occasions, heartlessly dump the products or services that bring you low or no returns. Cut down costs. But never ever give up your career.
You can find profitable products to sell that will give you profits. If you really want to become a successful affiliate marketer, you must see such setbacks as essential natural learning points.
3) Educate yourself. Read as many articles as you can and explore Web sites covering different areas of marketing.
You'll need to learn a lot about different ways to promote your affiliate products. Learn the basics of closing a sale. Learn from the innumerable Web sites in the Internet that sell products and services. Be a constant learner of marketing. The sky is your limit. This way you will know what sells and what does not.
Goal setting, planning and implementing of the plans correctly make you a successful Internet marketer. Set daily, weekly and monthly targets, then lay down the plan and follow up with the plans.
4) Set goals. Know what you want to do - then do it. Start with smaller goals and go for larger ones as you get more experience. Don't put all your eggs in the same basket. Diversify your efforts.
If you are the affiliate of a company that sells digital camera, you will have a good idea about digital cameras and its components, etc. Instead of setting your focus solely on digital camera for a specific company, become an affiliate of different companies that sell digital cameras.
Also sell digital camera components like memory sticks, batteries, flash units... You simply give yourself more exposure to a variety of opportunities.
5) Set a budget. Yes, you will have to spend some money. You can't expect to succeed without expenses for domain name registration, Web site hosting and advertising. And that's just the "tip" of the iceberg!
6) Choose your niche. Find something you really love and know about such as a hobby, sport or some form of entertainment. If you base your business on something you love, your passion for it will keep you motivated.
7) Research your affiliate product - and the company associated with that product. Read the affiliate agreement. Know who you will be dealing with. Send them an e-mail to see how quickly they respond - or if they respond.
Once you are comfortable with the company, look at their affiliate products. Actually buying, and using, the product will create the enthusiasm you need to write good ads and product endorsements.
8) Create your Web site. Build it based on your chosen niche, with your own domain name and Web site hosting. As you are writing your Web site content, keep your affiliate product in your mind and weave the content around it.
9) Start your promotion process. Write articles and advertise by using free ads and purchased Solo and Top Sponsor ads in other newsletters.
Establish an opt-in list. You must have your own list. Even just a "tips" list will get you started in the right direction.
10) Take action. This is the most important factor. You must do something - anything. Take it one step at a time. Don't just think about it. It isn't just about preparing; it's about doing.
Network with fellow affiliate marketers. Help someone if needed. Don't shy away asking help if needed. Affiliate marketing is not a "I Win, You Lose game". Everyone can benefit from combined strengths.
These essentials will get you going, but it's up to you to keep the momentum. Remember that your belief in yourself will ensure your success. I believe you can do it. Do you?